There are a wide variety of companies offering a whole host of different tours, and it is important to take the time right at the outset to make sure that you find the best trip for you.
Some of the factors you should consider when making your decision include:
- Focus: Wildlife, geography, beaches, cities… Different tours have different focuses. Have a think about what you most want to get out of your trip.
- Target age group: Some tours are targeted at specific age groups, think about whether one of these tours might work for you.
- Itinerary: Are there specific places you want to see?
- Dates: Not all tours are run regularly, find a tour that fits your preferred dates.
- Budget: The costs of overlanding tours can vary significantly, so find a tour that fits your budget.
- Accommodation: Whilst most accommodation on overlanding trips is fairly basic, there is some variation in accommodation options.